Hair salons are personal and individual. Finding the right hairdresser is an important decision and it can take a while before you find someone you are completely comfortable with. You need to shop around until you find a salon that is going to suit your needs completely.
Of course, it can be a scary prospect to go into a salon and not know whether you will be happy with the haircut your receive. Your hair is such an important part of your look and you want to make sure it is going to suit you. If you are thinking of going into a new salon, you could go in for a consultation first. At this appointment, you will be able to talk with a hair stylist and decide what you are going to have done. Discuss hair colours and styles to decide what you are going to have done at the salon.
Your house will feel much more like a home once you have put your own mark on it. There are many different ways you can do this, ranging from full structural adjustments to small, unique decorations. Here are some of our favourite ideas:
- Think about re-decorating. This won’t be as expensive as making structural changes and it will make such a difference to the building. Choose light, modern colours to enhance the space.
- Display some of your favourite photographs. Hang them on the walls or put them on tables in pretty picture frames. This will help you to remember some of the best moments of your life, from a wedding day to a fun photo shoot with your family.
- Choose ornaments and pictures that reflect your style. Whether you have a modern home or a traditional cottage, decorate in keeping with this to help make your home beautiful. This will help you to achieve the best aesthetic possible.
Oak furniture is functional and elegant, designed to look great whether it’s bedroom furniture or a dining room table. No matter what it’s made from, oak looks fantastic, in direct sunlight or shade and is designed to work well in any environment.
Solid Oak Beams furniture 101
Oak comes in several varieties – antiqued, seasoned and ‘plain.’ Antiqued or seasoned oak is oak that’s been aged for several years, and may even have a ‘tree provenance’ – where the tree or the forest that it’s come from has been aged to a certain point before harvesting. In most cases currently, this seasoned wood comes from Sweden or other places in the same region.
Another source of antique wood is the reclamation of wood from places with beams or other features that were previously made of oak. Once it’s removed from the building, sanded and cleaned, it’s then converted into furniture. But this carries an even higher premium than ‘regular’ wood, as this antiqued wood often has the character that you won’t find in any other piece of wood.
At Christmas, it can be just as much fun giving somebody a gift that you are really pleased with as receiving a lovely gift yourself. It gives you a real sense of satisfaction to see somebody opening your gift and being really, genuinely delighted with it. If you would like to buy your family and loved ones something really special this Christmas, we have got some lovely ideas to help you along the way:
- Buy handmade items that were created in the UK. This makes products feel just that little bit more special and personal. People will appreciate getting a gift from an individual local shop that is not just run of the mil.
- Shop at craft fairs and independent gift stores. The beauty of these kinds of places is you will never know what you might find, so it’s perfect if you need some ideas. Have a browse around and see what you can come up with.
- Make something yourself. If you’re artistic and like to be creative, why not have a go at making your own Christmas gifts? You could produce handmade jewellery, or you could make an item of clothing such as a scarf. If you’re not ready to go quite this far, why not make your own Christmas cards?
- Buy something personalised. There are lots of different websites, especially around Christmas time, that will offer gifts embellished with somebody’s name or decorated with a personal message. This could be anything from a wine glass to a soft toy for a child, so depending on the person and their tastes, browse around to see what you can find.
People will really be able to tell if you have gone that extra mile this Christmas. Let your family and friends know just how much you care about them with a beautiful gift that is just right for them.
Wherever you live, there are more and more vintage markets springing up. These offer all kinds of items, usually at incredibly reasonable prices. Markets like this are very interesting to browse and you never really know what you’re going to find.
If you like fashion, a vintage market could be the perfect place to find some unique items to wear. Items will be second hand but often in very good condition – just check them over before you decide to buy, or you could be disappointed. Buy everything from clothes to shoes and enjoy the savings you make on traditional high street shops.
You may also be able to get a number of unique accessories, either for you to wear, to decorate your home or to give as gifts. Again, these should all be checked over carefully before purchase, but often items will be in incredibly good condition. Presents bought at vintage markets are ideal as they will be one-of-a-kind, making them memorable and thoughtful.