The most important thing to remember when choosing the right christening outfit for your child is the fact that the shoes have a huge impact on the whole outfit. For instance, a nice-looking dress can be easily ruined by a pair of shoes that doesn’t fully match the look of the dress. With that said, you need to choose a pair of shoes that do the outfit justice. How do you do this? Well, below are some tips on how you should go about it.
1) It’s highly recommended that you buy the clothes first and then the baby christening shoes second. The logic behind this is that it’s much easier to choose a pair of shoes that matches an outfit than doing it the other way around. This is especially true if you are buying a multi-piece outfit. Of course, this doesn’t necessarily mean that you don’t think about the shoes when are shopping for the clothes. When you already have the clothes in your hands, choosing a pair of shoes that matches the color, design or style of the clothes will be a lot easier.
2) Choose a color and style that also matches the overall theme of the christening party. When it comes to christening events, the most common color theme is white. However, this doesn’t mean you should always go with white. Try to be bold and different. For example, the color pink and other lighter colors often go well with white-themed events. In fact, these might even compliment the theme. With that said, don’t be afraid to go against the flow and choose baby christening shoes that aren’t colored white or pale cream.
3) Think about the comfort of the baby as well. Baby shoes these days are manufactured from varying materials. You should go with the ones that are made from soft cloth to ensure that that baby doesn’t get itches and unnecessary scratches. You don’t want the baby crying out while the christening is still happening. Additionally, make sure that the baby has room in the shoes to wiggle and move her toes.
4) Get at least two pairs of the same shoes. Baby shoes aren’t that expensive these days. The reason why you need to get two pairs is for instances wherein you might lose one piece in a pair. With an extra pair around, you can always have it replaced in no time. And you know babies, they’ll move and kick around and before you know it a shoe or both shoes are missing and you don’t know where they’ve gone.
5) Get a second opinion. You might think that a particular pair of baby shoes will look great on an outfit but others may think otherwise. So make it a point to ask someone to confirm your thoughts.
So there you go. Some of the relevant things that you need to take into account when you go out shopping for a pair of baby shoes. To summarize things, you should buy the clothes first then the shoes second, choose a color that matches the theme of the event, think about the comfort of the baby, get two pairs, and always get a second opinion.